If you have completed some coursework at another college or university, or have AP (Advanced Placement) test scores, it is important for you to have these coursework evaluated by a SBVC counselor before you start taking classes at SBVC.  The evaluation will help to determine if you need to take the guided self-placement and/or whether you have met the prerequisite for some courses you are planning to take. 

SBVC accepts college-level coursework from U.S. REGIONALLY ACCREDITED institutions.  For information about the accreditation of colleges and universities you attended, please visit College Source Online.  The initial evaluation will be done during an individual or group counseling session.  Before your meeting with a counselor, please prepare the following documents:

  • A copy of your transcript(s) from all colleges and universities you have attended (unofficial copy is acceptable)
  • Course descriptions for the courses you have completed.  You can print out course descriptions from college/university online catalogs, or from College Source Online

After obtaining the above information, please schedule an appointment to see a counselor at the Counseling Center and bring the information with you to your counseling session.