Probation and Dismissal


What is Academic Probation?
A student will be placed on Academic Probation when his/her current or cumulative grade point average, following completion of 12 or more units, falls below 2.0.

What is Progress Probation?
A student will be placed on Progress Probation if, following completion of 12 or more units, he/she receives non-evaluative symbols of "W" (Withdrawal,) "I" (Incomplete) and/or "NC" (No Credits) in 50% or more of the units in which he/she has enrolled.

Under what academic circumstances will I be dismissed from the college?
A student on Academic or Progress Probation may be dismissed  for one semester when one or more of the following conditions exists:

  1. The student has earned a cumulative grade point average of less than 2.0 for three consecutive semesters.
  2. The student has received non-evaluative symbols of "W," "I" and/or "NC" in 50% or more of the units for which he/she was enrolled for three consecutive semesters.
  3. The student has been on Academic and/or Progress Probation for three consecutive semesters.

Once I have been dismissed, how do I get back into school?
You may petition for readmission (see Readmission.)


How do I petition for readmission once I have been dismissed?
Make an appointment with a counselor to petition for readmission.  Complete the petition form, thoroughly explaining why you were unable to succeed and what have changed that enables you to succeed.  In addition, you must develop an Education Plan with your counselor.  Submit the petition and your Education Plan to the Office of Admissions and Records.

How will I be notified if my petition is approved?
You will be notified via your student email address.


    Probation Workshop Level 1 & 2
    College Success Tutorials

    Probation Workshop Level 3
    Probation/Dismissal Evaluation Form 
    Petition for Readmission Form.