Welcome Veteran!

The Veterans Affairs Office at San Bernardino Valley College serves as a liaison between veteran students, and the Department of Veteran Affairs. Use the information below to complete the appropriate forms to process claims for educational benefits.

How to Receive Your Benefits

Need help? Visit us in the Veterans Resource Center and we will assit you with the process!

Veterans Resource Center

Jason Alvarez Veterans Services Coordinator & School Certifying Official

Receive and Retain Your GI Bill and related benefits


Please submit the following documents (IN COMPLETION) to our veterans email (PDF format): veterans@valleycollege.edu.

  1. Veterans Statement of Responsibility
  2. Registration Statement from SelfService (PDF Copy)
  3. DD-214 Service 2 or Member 4 (If you are the veteran)
  4. One of the following Certificate of Eligibility:
    1. VA original or copy
    2. Authorization from Voc. Rehab Counselor for Ch. 31
  5. Educational Plan from one of the following veterans counselors:
    1. Deana Silagy: dsilagy@valleycollege.edu 
    2. Desiree Martin: dmartin@valleycollege.edu 
    3. Call front desk for an appointment at 909-384-4411
If a VA student's grade point average (GPA) remains below the graduation requirement (2.0) for more than three (3) consecutive terms, the student will not be certified for VA educational benefits until his/her academic status is restored to good standing.

If your GPA falls below the 2.0 requirement meet with a counselor. To manage deadline dates relating to adding and dropping classes see the A & R website.
All veterans or service members will be eligible receive Priority A Registration upon admission – simply submit a copy of their DD214 (service 2 or member 4) to the Veterans Resource Center (veterans@valleycollege.edu). Dishonorable discharge on record will not suffice.

Students who have completed 100 or more combined degree-applicable units within the San Bernardino Community College District are not eligible for Priority Registration (Title 5; Section 58108 (I) (2) (Veteran Status Included).
ll students who are receiving either their G.I. BILL (CH. 33 - Post 9/11), Active duty or Selected Reserve (Ch. 1606), or CH. 35 (DEA/Dependent certificate majors) benefits MUST now verify their enrollments monthly to receive payments.

Verification must be done at the end of every month. This verification can be done either by text, email, or by calling 888-442-4551. (initially call to confirm contact information then opt into text or email options of verification)

Go to W.A.V.E.

Veteran's Administration Office Contact

222 W Hospitality Ln 3rd. FlSan Bernardino, CA 92415
M-F 8am-4pm
(909) 382-3290
Muskogee, OK
M-F 8am-4pm CST
1-888-GI-BILL (1-888-442-4551)


VRC Staff

Get Help at the Veterans Resource Center (VRC)!

The VRC at SBVC is a veteran/family friendly environment. From getting started at SBVC to supporting you while you're here, the VRC is here for you. The VRC at SBVC is a veteran/family friendly environment.  Our staff can assit you with the necessary applications for admission, financial aid, and application of veteran education benefits which can lead to eventual certification.

Visit the VRC Take Our Google 360 Tour