The SBVC Transfer and Career Services

Sociology students desiring to transfer to a four year university or college are advised to visit the Transfer and Career Services Center early in their SBVC journey. This is because the transfer process works differently than admission to a community college. If you're planning to transfer to a university, regardless of your major or field of study, you need to start the transfer application process at least one year prior to the completion of your degree or required coursework at SBVC, and this also includes the submission of your financial aid application.

Completing the Sociology Associate of Arts Transfer Degree, (AA-T) offered at SBVC is intended for students who plan to complete a bachelor's degree in a similar major at a CSU campus. Students completing these degrees (AA-T or AS-T) are guaranteed admission to the CSU system, but not to a particular campus or major.

There are other transfer pathways to CSU, UC, and other four year college and universities.
For more information on transfer pathways click here.
For more information on sociology transfer information click here.

Here are links to the sociology websites of local California State University (CSU) campuses:
CSU, San Bernardino
CSU, Fullerton
CSU, Pomona
CSU, San Marcos
CSU, Long Beach
CSU, Los Angeles
CSU, Dominquez Hills
CSU, San Diego
CSU, Northridge
For all CSU campuses click here.

Here are links to the sociology websites of local University of California (UC) campuses:
UC, Riverside
UC, Irvine
UC, Los Angeles
UC, San Diego
UC, Santa Barbara
For all UC campuses click here.

For independent and private college transfer agreements with SBVC click here.
Some of these institutions might not offfer a sociology degree.

ASSIST is the official repository of articulation for California's colleges and universities and therefore provides the most accurate and up-to-date information available about student transfer in California. 

Visit the Transfer and Career Services Center for more information on sociology programs at these and other four year universities and colleges.