Think you made the Dean's List? Click here to check!

What is the Dean's List?

Each semester, the Vice President of Instruction recognizes our students who have excelled in their grades. To celebrate in these achievements at San Bernardino Valley College, we provide these students with a certificate based off of their GPA:

3.50 - 3.69 Distinction

3.70 - 3.89 Honors

3.90 - 4.00 Highest Honors

Who Qualifies?

  • Students who have taken more than 12 degree applicable units in the Fall or Spring semester and,
  • Students who have attained a 3.5 GPA or higher. 

Students who wish to pick up their Dean's List certificate can go to the Office of Instruction (AD/SS 200) during regular business hours. 



If you believe your name should appear on the Dean’s List and it does not, consider the following: 

1. Did you have a 3.5 GPA or higher for the Fall or Spring semester? 

Two Dean’s Lists are generated each academic year – one for Fall semester and one for Spring semester.  The Dean’s List is based on the GPA your earned in a specific semester, it is not based on your cumulative GPA.  

2. Did you round your GPA to reach 3.5? 

The Dean’s List is based on actual GPA, without rounding. 

For example, if your GPA is 3.499 your official GPA is 3.49 rather than 3.50.  

3. Did you receive an incomplete for a course during the semester? 

If you completed the work required to replace an incomplete with a final letter grade after the Dean’s List Report was complied, request a student-copy of your transcript from the Records Office.  Submit your transcript copy – including your final, correct grade – to the Vice President of Instruction (AD/SS 200).  

4. Did you take any courses for Credit/No Credit during the semester? 

You qualify for the Dean’s List in a given semester if you complete 12 units of coursework with letter grades of A,B,C,D or F).  Courses taken on a Credit/No Credit basis and non-degree applicable courses are not included in the 12 unit requirement.  

If you still have questions about your absence from the Dean’s List, you can discuss your concerns with: 

  • Staff in the office of  the Vice President of Instruction (AD/SS 200).
  • Staff in the Records Office (AD/SS 100).