The Adult Education Program is a partnership between the community college and the local adult schools provided by the California Adult Education Program and the Inland Adult Education Consortium. The program aims to facilitate the transition between adult schools and college by providing specialized counseling for adult learners; while also providing resources to advance their career and education improving their overall quality of life.

Pathways include: English as a Second Language (ESL), Credit/Noncredit certificate and degree programs and Dual Enrollment courses (Valley Now).

(AEBG) Adult Education Block Grant


Meet with a Counselor

Adult Education Office

Liberal Arts Building, Room 204
Hours of Operation
Monday & Thursday 8:00am-5:00pm
Friday 8:00am-2:00pm

English as a Second Language (ESL)

The ESL program at San Bernardino Valley College is designed for individuals whose first language is not English and who have not yet acquired the English skills necessary to succeed in an English speaking workplace or in college level classes.

Learn More

Noncredit Programs

The noncredit program will provide high quality education to all members of the college community by offering low- to no-cost education to prepare students for credit bearing courses and the workforce. We will inspire hope and success to improve the quality of life of our diverse community members.

Learn More


Please feel free to contact one of a San Bernardino Valley College Adult Education counselors, they are available for appointments via Zoom, Phone, or In-person. If you are interested in scheduling an appointment with one of them, simply click "Make Appointment".

A photo of Maria Lopez

Maria Lopez

Office: Liberal Arts Bldg, Room 204E
Email: marduran@valleycollege.edu

Email Me Make Appointment
A photo of Pete Gonzales

Pete Gonzalez

Office: Liberal Arts Bldg, Room 204B
Email: pgonzalez@valleycollege.edu

Email Me Make Appointment
A photo of Fili Michel

Fili Michel

Office: Liberal Arts Bldg, Room 204A
Email: fmichel@valleycollege.edu

Email Me Make Appointment

Still Need a High School Diploma or GED?

Contact one of the following local adult education schools for enrollment information: