ATTENTION NEW APPLICANTS
Admission to the RN Program is based on a Point System beginning September 4,2012.
Application filing period:
- September 2, 2014 - October 1, 2015 for Spring 2015 Semester
- January 2, 2015 - February 2, 2015 for Fall 2015 Semester
1. Apply to SBVC
2. Complete mandatory online orientation
3. If all prerequisites have been completed at colleges and/or universities other than SBVC, please see the nursing counselor for a matriculation exemption prior to applying to the nursing program.
4. Registration for the HESI Exam for Spring 2015 admission will be available July 1, 2014 through September 30, 2014. Apply to Nursing Program within the above indicated application periods.
- Application for admission to Nursing Program is available in the Health Science Division Office, HLS 101 or online during application periods only.
- Proof of High School completion (transcript or Diploma or G.E.D. score or California State High School Proficiency exam score, if no degree has been earned)
- Official college transcripts from all colleges and/or universities attended, except SBVC or Crafton Hills College
- Copy of Financial Aid Award letter if attempting to earn points for financial need within the “Special Circumstances” category.
- Copy of HESI Exam Results
- Proof of Social Security Number (Copy will be made by department office)
Registration in nursing program courses is limited to students who have completed program prerequisites, degree required courses, have applied, and been accepted into the nursing program. The nursing program is four semesters in length after completion of prerequisites and degree required courses. Classes and clinical experiences are scheduled Monday through Friday (daytime and evenings). Students are admitted twice a year in the fall and spring semesters.
Note: A background check and health requirement verification will be required before enrollment in the program. California may deny Registered Nursing license to an applicant based on a conviction or legal action substantially related to nursing practice.