ATTENTION NEW APPLICANTS:
There are new changes to the Nursing application process starting Fall 2014
Please see changes below
Application filing period:
- August 1, 2014 - September 15, 2014 for Spring 2015 Semester
- January 2, 2015 - February 2, 2015 for Fall 2015 Semester
1. Apply to SBVC
2. Complete mandatory online orientation
3. If all prerequisites have been completed at colleges and/or universities other than SBVC, please see the nursing counselor for a matriculation exemption prior to applying to the nursing program.
4. Apply to Nursing Program within the above indicated application periods. Please note that grades must be posted for all prerequisite courses at time of application.
Changes beginning Fall 2014:
HESI by Invitation Only
Effective fall 2014, Students applying to the nursing program are no longer required to take the HESI Exam prior to their application to the nursing program. Students will instead submit their complete application to the nursing department in between the dates of August 1st and September 15th.
Upon receipt of the applications, the nursing department will screen all applications submitted after the September 15th deadline and will then invite eligible students to take the HESI Exam. A letter will be mailed to students who are selected inclusive of details regarding HESI registration, location and submission deadline.
Fall Application Period Changed
The nursing program will be accepting applications for spring 2015 August 1st - September 15th. Students will be required to submit their completed application packet with the exception of the HESI between the aforementioned dates.
- Application for admission to Nursing Program is available in the Health Science Division Office, HLS 101 or online during application periods only.
- Proof of High School completion (transcript or Diploma or G.E.D. score or California State High School Proficiency exam score, if no degree has been earned)
- Official college transcripts from all colleges and/or universities attended, except SBVC or Crafton Hills College
- Copy of Financial Aid Award letter if attempting to earn points for financial need within the “Special Circumstances” category.
- Proof of Social Security Number (Copy will be made by department office)
Registration in nursing program courses is limited to students who have completed program prerequisites, degree required courses, have applied, and been accepted into the nursing program. The nursing program is four semesters in length after completion of prerequisites and degree required courses. Classes and clinical experiences are scheduled Monday through Friday (daytime and evenings). Students are admitted twice a year in the fall and spring semesters.
Note: A background check and health requirement verification will be required before enrollment in the program. California may deny Registered Nursing license to an applicant based on a conviction or legal action substantially related to nursing practice.