Increase your funding for college by applying for scholarships outside of SBVC!
Outside Scholarships at a Glance!
- Outside Scholarship Funding - the money must be sent to the campus from another agency, organization or individual donor who sponsors the scholarship.
- Outside Scholarship applications are available year round, 12 months of the year.
- Outside Scholarship applications are mostly online and each of the over 400 applications are part of a separate and individual application process. These scholarships are not combined!
- Outside Scholarship Criteria – Varies greatly from scholarship to scholarship but usually includes a minimum unit requirement of part-time or full-time enrollment at a college or university.
- Outside Scholarship GPA - Varies greatly from scholarship to scholarship but there are applications available in almost every GPA range from 2.0 - 4.0 grade point averages.
- Outside Scholarships are for all students currently or potentially attending Valley College, including new, transfers, AB540, international, disabled, re-entry and continuing students.
- Outside Scholarship amounts vary greatly from scholarship to scholarship but as a general rule, the more difficult the application process, the higher the amount.
- Most Outside Scholarships can be transferred to other colleges or universities.
- Approximately 3 out of 12 Outside Scholarship applications result in a scholarship awarded to the student. This means the average student who applies 12 times or once a month, will receive about 3 scholarships if they closely follow the instructions on this website.
The following scholarship listserves are recommended for students trying to find and identify potential scholarships:
Scholarship America: www.scholarshipamerica.org
I Can Afford College: www.icanaffordcollege.com
Scholarship Points: www.scholarshippoints.com
Please try to focus on identifying scholarships that match your gender, ethnicity, major, career, interests,organizations, special needs, and other characteristics specific to you.