Increase your funding for college by applying for scholarships outside of SBVC!
Outside Scholarships at a Glance!
- Outside Scholarship Funding - the money must be sent to the campus from another agency, organization or individual donor who sponsors the scholarship.
- Outside Scholarship applications are available year round, 12 months of the year.
- Outside Scholarship applications are mostly online and require separate and individual application process. These scholarships are not combined!
- Outside Scholarship Criteria – Varies greatly from scholarship to scholarship but usually includes a minimum unit requirement of part-time or full-time enrollment at a college or university.
- Outside Scholarship GPA - Varies greatly from scholarship to scholarship but there are applications available in almost every GPA range from 2.0 - 4.0 grade point averages.
- Outside Scholarships are for all students currently or potentially attending Valley College, including new, transfers, AB540, international, disabled, re-entry and continuing students.
- Outside Scholarship amounts vary greatly from scholarship to scholarship but as a general rule, the more difficult the application process, the higher the amount.
- Most Outside Scholarships can be transferred to other colleges or universities.
The following scholarship listserves are recommended for students trying to find and identify potential scholarships:
Please focus on identifying scholarships that match your gender, ethnicity, major, career, interests, organizations, special needs, and other characteristics specific to you. We advise students to thoroughly research an organization prior to submitting a scholarship application and should be aware of possible scholarship scams. If you find any information to be inaccurate, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org and visit our New Outside Scholarship Page for new outside scholarship opportunities.