San Bernardino Valley College Academic Senate
Next Senate Meeting: Wednesday, April 29, 2015 at 3:00pm in LIB-149**
**Click on "Agendas & Minutes" to see a list of this year's meeting dates
Bylaws (PDF, 105 Kb) Constitution (PDF, 1000 Kb)
Chancellor Vote of No Confidence Process and Timeline (PDF, 216 Kb)
Chancellor Vote of No Confidence Evidence (PDF, 1000 Kb)
California Education Code, Section 53200 Definitions
Academic Senate means an organization whose primary function is to make recommendations with respect to academic and professional matters.
Academic and Professional Matters means the following policy development matters:
1. Curriculum, including establishing prerequisites.
2. Degree and certificate requirements.
3. Grading policies.
4. Educational program development.
5. Standards or policies regarding student preparation and success.
6. College governance structures, as related to faculty roles.
7. Faculty roles and involvement in accreditation process.
8. Policies for faculty professional development activities.
9. Processes for program review.
10. Processes for institutional planning and budget development.
11. Other academic and professional matters as mutually agreed upon.