Graduation Evaluations

Diplomas, Certificates & Duplicates

** Summer Grads - Diplomas Ready:  September 11, 2018

Graduation Filing Periods

Degree and Certificate Application 

  • Summer 2018
    • 2018 Commencement Participants - Friday April 13, 2018
    • 2018 Graduation Application - July 1, 2018
  • Fall 2018 - August 13th - October 1, 2018

How To Apply

  1. Order transcripts from all other colleges attended (Request SBVC Evaluation).
  2. Schedule Counselor Appointment for Graduation Check.
  3. Submit Application & Graduation Check to AD/SS-100.
  4. Wait for Grad Notification in Student Email Account (4-8wks).

Associate Degree Options:

Certificate of Achievements
  • Majors
    • Schedule Counselor Appointment
    • Secure any Course Substitution Approvals

SBVC Applicants will meet with a Counselor prior to Graduation Application.  If seeking a course substitution, please see the Division Office regarding a Course Substitution.


Course Substitutions and Exceptions

When a student is deficient in one or more of the areas required for graduation, he/she has the option of requesting a Petition for Academic Exception. Petitions are considered on the basis of overall merit and is reviewed by the Scholastic Standards Committee.

If a student is deficient in the area of Major Requirements a Modification of Major form must be submitted at time of application.  Please see Division Office for review to approve. 

Note:  Twelve units, or 50% of the coursework required for a certificate, whichever is the lesser, must be completed at San Bernardino Valley College.  This residency requirement may be waived in the case of extenuating circumstances with the approval of the Division Dean and Chairperson.

Duplicate Diploma/Certificate Requests

Replacements are requested at $10 per.  Allow 2 weeks for printing and delivery.  Submit Request for Replacement Diploma/Certificate to Admissions & Records AD/SS-100.