Graduation Evaluations

Diplomas, Certificates & Duplicates

Applying for Degree or Certificate

Submit Degree/Certificate Application to Admissions & Records (AD/SS-100) between : 


  • Fall - August 16 - October 1
  • Spring - January 17 - March 1
  • Summer - March 2 - July 1 

Diploma/Certificate Pick-Ups

Graduates will receive student email notification to come in to pick-up diplomas/certificates.  The email will contain information to have your award sent certified mail handling to your address on record.  To confirm your degree is posted to your transcript, view your non-official online. 

Associate Degrees

Seeking an Associate of Arts, Science, or Transfer degree from SBVC? Applicants will meet with an SBVC Counselor for a Graduation Check prior to application. The grad check must be submitted with application!

Graduation Requirement Options:

Option 1a- IGETC Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum
Option 1b- CSUGE California State Univ. General Education Breadth Requirements
Option 2- General Associate Degree (AA or AS) 

Associate of Science/Arts For Transfer Degrees 

Degree & Certificate Major Requirements

Certificate of Achievements

SBVC offers certificates of occupational proficiency in many fields. Applicants will meet with a Counselor prior to application (No Grad Check Required). If a student is deficient in one or more requirements a Modification of Major Form may be an option; see Division Office for more information.

Note: Twelve units, or 50 percent of the coursework required for a certificate, whichever is the lesser, must be completed at San Bernardino Valley College. This residency requirement may be waived in the case of extenuating circumstances with the permission of the Division Chairperson and Dean.

Course Substitutions and Exceptions

When a student has a deficiency in one or more of the areas required for graduation, he/she has the option of filing a Petition for Academic Exception. Each petition will be considered on the basis of its overall, individual merit by the Scholastic Standards Committee. If a student is deficient in the Major Requirements a Modification of Major Form must be submitted at time of application; see Division Office for info.

Duplicate Diploma/Certificate Requests

Please allow 2 weeks for printing & delivery of your duplicate award.  The cost is $10 for duplicate.  Please deliver the Request For Replacement Diploma to the Admissions & Records Office.