Should I work with a tutor?
Here are some reasons why you might want to seek tutoring:
- Tutoring can enrich your understanding of the course material.
- Tutoring can help you apply better study methods.
- Tutoring can help you manage your time more effectively.
- Tutoring can assist you in focusing in on what is important.
- Tutoring can help you earn better grades!
What tutors can do:
- Review and explain assignments.
- Help you understand what the instructor expects.
- Clarify information presented by the instructor in class.
- Help you understand the textbook and utilize the information it contains.
- Provide you with additional examples and practice problems to reinforce concepts.
What tutors cannot do:
- Teach you material that you have not read or heard in class.
- Write speeches or term papers.
- Do your homework for you.
Remember: Tutoring is not a substitute for class attendance. You must be enrolled in and attending class to receive tutoring!