ELIGIBILITY AND APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Must Be Enrolled in 9 Units or More at San Bernardino Valley College
- Working on an Associate’s Degree or Certificate and Have An Interest In Transferring To A Four-Year University
- Meet One of The Following:
- First Generation College Student, or Low Income, or Physical or Learning Disability
- US Citizen (Copy of Driver’s License, Social Security Card, or Birth Certificate) or Resident (Alien Registration Card/Green Card (I-551, I-68 or I-94)
- Enrolled in English, Math or An SBVC Course With Extensive Paper Writing Requirements (The First Semester In The STAR Program Only)
- Must be English 914 Eligible (Enrolled in, Completed, or Tested into English 914 or Higher)
- Must Have a Cumulative Grade Point Average of 2.0 or Above and No More Than One Grade of D or F on Transcript During The Two Semesters Prior to Application Submission Period
- Demonstrate an Academic Need for Tutoring and/or an Ability To Benefit From Program Services (Students Must Work To Complete SBVC Educational Goals In A One to Three Year Period.)
- Due to program completion and tracking guidelines, some SBVC Degree and Certificate Programs May Not Qualify (See STAR Program office for all application details and restrictions.)
- Applicants that have already earned an Associates degree, Bachelor’s degree or higher, do not qualify. (Students waiting for degree posting to appear on SBVC transcripts are ineligible.)
- Applicants with More Than 60 Units Must Submit, With the Application, An SBVC Educational Goal Plan Showing Degree or Certificate Completion and/or Transfer Completion within 12 units and Two Semesters.
- Students with a major/course of study, that require more than 3 years/six semesters to complete, may not qualify.
- 70 Unit Maximum – Applicants with more than 70 units cannot be accepted into program.
- If Accepted Student Must Attend a 60 Minute Orientation. Students Will Be Asked to Provide Valid Social Security Number Prior To Starting Program. Priority Registration is Earned After Successfully Completing First Semester with STAR.
- Documents Needed When Submitting An Application
- A Fall 2013 San Bernardino Valley College Class Schedule Is Required
- Proof Of Financial Status Is Required. You May Bring In Any One Of The-Following:
- Current 2012 Signed Income Tax Return or Tax Transcript (Copy)
- Current 2013 – 2014 FAFSA Application (Copy)
- Notice of Pell Grant Award For 2013-2014 (Copy)
- A Copy Of Your Assessment Test Scores Is Required. (If you have not taken any SBVC assessment test then this does not apply to you.)
- A Copy of Your One semester or Full Educational Goal Plan stating SBVC major. (If you already have one.)