WHAT IS WORKABILITY III?
OVERVIEW OF THE WORKABILITY III PROGRAM
WorkAbility III (WAIII) is a collaborative program between San Bernardino Community College and the State of California Department of Rehabilitation (DOR). The programs objective is to assist DOR clients/students develop employability skills and confidence. Clients/students will receive guidance in securing meaningful employment opportunities. The overall goal is "Self-Sufficiency".
HOW TO BECOME A WORKABILITY III CLIENT
Contact the Department of Rehabilitation and inquire of the qualification process for the WAIII Program. To locate an office nearest you please access the following link: http://www.rehab.cahwnet.gov
SERVICES PROVIDED BY WORKABILITY III
Employment Preparation Services
Employment workshops are provided in a group or individual basis. Workshops include but not limited to:
- Development of Resume, Cover-Letter, and Follow-Up Letter
- Effective Employment Search Techniques
- Interviewing Skills
- Virtual Employment Applications
- Information on the American with Disabilities Act, SSI and other work related services.
- Time Management
- Stress and Unemployment
Job Development and Placement Services
We Provide Job Development and Placement services to WorkAbility III participants. These services include:
- Assist WorkAbility III participants in individual job search
- Attain internship and volunteer site opportunities
- Plan and coordinate program related activities including career/job fairs; accommodate employers on campus for employment recruitment.
- Refer and/or facilitate job interviews with employers for participants.
- Maintain continued contact with clients and employer after placement to monitor success; provides follow-up service after placement as necessary
SERVICES PROVIDED TO EMPLOYERS
Advantage of Hiring Through WorkAbility III (WAIII)
If you are interested in hiring a WAIII client your organization can benefit from one of the following:
- Pre-screened and Qualified Applicants, referred free of charge.
- On-the-Job (OJT) Training Reimbursements.
- Tax Credits - - see the Work Opportunity Tax Credit Employer Guide on the Employment Development Department website for more information. You can also obtain tax credit information by contacting your Tax Advisor or Internal Revenue Service at 1-800-829-1040 or www.irs.gov.
For more information or to enroll in the WorkAbility III Program, contact us at 909-384-4429 or visit the Occupational Advancement Department located in the Campus Center Room 208.
Effective August 4, 2014, Fall 2014 office hours will be Monday - Thursday 8:00am to 5:00pm and Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm.
*Limited Extended Hours for Fall 2014
Wednesday, August 06, 2014; 8am – 6pm
Wednesday, August 13, 2014; 8am – 6pm
Wednesday, August 20, 2014; 8am – 6pm
Wednesday, August 27, 2014; 8am – 6pm
Staff Contact Information:
CalWORKs and Workforce Development
It’s always a GREAT day at San Bernardino Valley College!