"The more we know, the more they grow"
The Foster and Kinship Care Education Program provides quality education and support
opportunities for care givers of children and youth in out-of-home care so that these
providers may meet the educational, emotional, behavioral and developmental needs
of children and youth.
The development of Foster and Kinship Care Education is guided by the belief that
children and youth will achieve their fullest potential when:
- Children/youth feel they belong to families that are strong, safe and nurturing
- There is consistency in care
- Care providers are qualified, caring and knowlegeable
- Care providers are retained
- Care providers are linked to and collaborate with community support services
- There is permanency that is in the best interest of the child