"The more we know, the more they grow"
The Foster and Kinship Care Education Program provides quality education and support
opportunities for care givers of children and youth in out-of-home care so that these
providers may meet the educational, emotional, behavioral and developmental needs
of children and youth.
The development of Foster and Kinship Care Education is guided by the belief that
children and youth will achieve their fullest potential when:
- Children/youth feel they belong to families that are strong, safe and nurturing
- There is consistency in care
- Care providers are qualified, caring and knowlegeable
- Care providers are retained
- Care providers are linked to and collaborate with community support services
- There is permanency that is in the best interest of the child
"San Bernardino Valley College maintains a culture of continuous improvement and a
commitment to provide high-quality education, innovative instruction, and services
to a diverse community of learners. Its mission is to prepare students for transfer
to four-year universities, to enter the workforce by earning applied degrees and certificates,
to foster economic growth and global competitiveness through workforce development,
and to improve the quality of life in the Inland Empire and beyond."