The High Tech Center (HTC) supports students, faculty, and staff, in the use of devices that assist with reading, writing, studying, and information access.
High Tech Center/Location/Liberal Arts Building 105
Spring and Fall Hours:
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Monday - Thursday
8:00 a.m. 5:00 p.m.
Directions and Accessibility
Disabled Student Programs and Services (DSPS), High Tech Center (HTC) is a computer lab on San Bernardino Valley College (SBVC) campus for students with disabilities. DSPS-HTC supports students with disabilities in the use of programs that support Universal Design for Learning to provide equal access for education and information.
All students with a disability that are accepted into DSPS are eligible to use the HTC. Students that have a disability and will request to be admitted into DSPS, may use the HTC for support to complete the California Community College (CCC) application, Free application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), SBVC course registration, access to WebAdvisor, and SBVC Online orientation.
Services that DSPS-HTC provides are the following:
- Assistance to current and future DSPS students with CCC application, FAFSA application, and SBVC course registration processes.
- Tutorial assistance to access WebAdvisor and SBVC Online Orientation.
- Access to computer use and assistive technology for academic work.
- Tutorial assistance both group and individual as accommodations require in Assistive Technology.
- Alternate Media Conversion of text books, classroom print materials into electronic text, Braille, large print and other formats.
- Test text conversion in alternate media.
- Accessible furniture (height adjustable tables, ergonomic chairs and keyboards).
- Quiet, stress-free environment to support and enhance educational objectives.