Applying for Services
Students need to have an active application with San Bernardino Valley College, before they can apply for services. New students or returning students can complete an on-line application here: ADMISSIONS.
- Obtain and complete the DSPS Application for Services
- Applications are available in the DSPS Office in ADSS 105
- Applications can be requested by calling 909/384-4443
- Applications can be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide documentation of disability
- Documentation for a mobility, psychological, or health related disability is the diagnosis of the condition by a licensed or certified professional.
- If you have a verified learning disability, bring a copy of your most current Individual Education Plan (IEP) and the most current Psychological-Educational report.
- If you do not have current documentation, you can take a Disability Verification Form to be completed and signed by a licensed professional who is qualified to diagnose the disability. Forms are available at the DSPS office.
- If documentation of disability is not available, you can provide your agency or physicians information and DSPS will attempt to get the information for you.
- Complete an intake appointment to submit your application and any documentation you may have:
- Please call 909/384-8668 or stop by the DSPS office and speak to Michelle Crocfer, Senior Student Services Technician to schedule an intake appointment.
- The student will be notified to make an eligibility appointment once all documents have been received and reviewed for eligibility of services. Students must meet with a DSPS Director, Learning Disabilities Specialist, or DSPS Counselor to complete the application process to determine services. Students who do not meet the requirements of the program will be notified.