2014-2015 Disbursement Information
All Federal Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG), Cal Grant, and loan payments are disbursed by check. It is essential that students keep their address current at all times. Address changes must be given to the Admission and Records office immediately.
Students are encouraged to complete their FAFSA priority deadline (March 2, 2014). Files will be processed in the order they are received, on a first come, first serve basis depending on the number of applications waiting for processing. As soon as a student's application is reviewed, completed and packaged, they will be sent an award letter along with a copy of the disbursement schedule by mail.
- Pell Grant disbursements are typically split into two (2) disbursements per semester or four (4) disbursements for the academic year.
- Disbursement amounts are based upon each student's enrollment status and prorated accordingly.
- The first disbursement is released for Fall students as early as the first week of instruction
- The second disbursement is released for Fall students in early November 2014.
- The third disbursement is released for Spring students in January 2015.
- The fourth disbursement is released for Spring students in April 2015.
- FSEOG will be paid in one payment each semester
- The first disbursement for Fall FSEOG students is released in November 2014.
- The second disbursement for Spring FSEOG students is released in April 2015.
- Cal Grants (B & C) - Cal Grant B and C awards are generally disbursed in one payment per semester.
*All Cal Grant disbursements are contingent upon funding from State. The below dates are tentative:
- The Fall disbursement for eligible Cal Grant students is released in September 2014.
- The Spring disbursement for eligible Cal Grant students is released in February 2015.
- In cases of late award notification; the award will be disbursed on the next available disbursement date.
- Federal Work-Study funds must be earned through work and students must be enrolled in at least 6 units each semester. Students are responsible to ensure that their time sheets are sent by the supervisor to the Financial Aid Office monthly. Checks are mailed by the 12th of each month provided the time sheet was submitted on time.
- Chafee Grant -- Disbursement schedule is set by the Chancellor's Office. Please visit Chafee website for further information www.chafee.csac.ca.gov
If a student drops on or before the dates listed below he or she may owe a Return to Title IV funds:
Fall 2014 -- To be determined
Spring 2015 -- To be determined