2012-2013 Disbursement Information
All Federal Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG), Cal Grant, and loan payments are disbursed by check. It is essential that students keep their address current at all times. Address changes must be given to the Admission and Records office immediately.
Students who file their FAFSA early by the FAFSA Priority Deadline (March 2, 2013) and submit all requested documents by the Financial Aid priority deadline by May 3, 2013 will be prioritized to ensure they receive a check in the first scheduled disbursement of the Fall semester. Files completed after this priority date will be processed in the order they are received, on a first come, first serve basis depending on the number of applications waiting for processing. As soon as a student's application is reviewed, completed and packaged, they will be sent an award letter along with a copy of the disbursement schedule by mail.
- Pell Grant disbursements are typically split into two (2) disbursements per semester or four (4) disbursements for the academic year.
- Disbursement amounts are based upon each student's enrollment status, either full or part-time status.
- The first disbursement is released for Fall students who have met the May 3, 2013 priority deadline during the first week of the Fall semester in August.
- The second disbursement is released for Fall students in early November 2013.
- The third disbursement is released for Spring students in January 2014.
- The fourth disbursement is released for Spring students in April 2014.
- FSEOG will be paid in one payment each term
- The first disbursement for Fall FSEOG students is released in November 2013.
- The second disbursement for Spring FSEOG students is released in April 2014.
- Cal Grants (B & C) - Cal Grant B and C awards are generally disbursed in one payment per term.
- The first disbursement for Fall Cal Grant students is released in September 2013.
- The second disbursement for Spring Cal Grant students is released in February 2014.
- In cases of late award notification; the award will be disbursed on the next available disbursement date.
- Federal Work-Study funds must be earned through work and students must be enrolled in at least 6 units each semester. Students are responsible to ensure that their time sheets are sent by the supervisor to the Financial Aid Office monthly. Checks are mailed by the 12th of each month provided the time sheet was submitted on time.
- Chaffee Grant -- Disbursement schedule is set by the Chancellor's Office. Please visit Chafee website for further information www.chafee.csac.ca.gov
If a student drops on or before the dates listed below he or she may owe a Return to Title IV funds:
Fall 2013 -- November 2, 2013
Spring 2014 -- April 6, 2014