Inland Empire Media Academy
The Mission of the Inland Empire Media Academy (I.E.M.A.) is to establish an active partnership among local school districts, community colleges, universities, and businesses in order to
- Provide extraordinary learning opportunities in the areas of radio, television, and film to high school, community college, and university students, as well as members of the San Bernardino community,
- Ensure that students of all ages receive the best theoretical and practical training in these media fields,
- Facilitate the smooth transition of students from high school to community college to 4-year universities and beyond, and
- Provide opportunities for job placement in the media industry and local businesses.
- Student Film Showcase: http://valleycollege.edu/filmfestival - May 2014
- Lindsay Wagner's Acting Retreat - summer 2014 (watch the events page for details!)
- Journalism Symposium - October 2014 (watch the events page for details!)
Who Can Participate?
Students, teachers, and administrators at high schools, community colleges, and four-year universities in southern California are invited to participate in I.E.M.A. activities.
High School Visits
Media Academy faculty are available to visit local area high schools to discuss careers in radio, television, and film. To arrange a visit to your school, please contact Dr. Dusick at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tours are available to high school juniors and seniors when a teacher accompanies the students. Tours are available for groups of 5 to 25.
Workshops and Seminars
The I.E.M.A. will be hosting workshops and seminars for high school, community college, and university students in coming semesters. Watch this website for more information.
RTVF Classroom Visits
Groups of 5 to 10 junior and senior high school students accompanied by a teacher are invited to observe radio, television, and film production classes.
Internships at KVCR are open to high school juniors and seniors as well as non-SBVC college or university students. To apply for an internship, please complete the Internship Application Form and send (a) the completed application form, (b) a copy of a current resume or school transcript, and (c) a letter of recommendation from a teacher or faculty member to email@example.com
Diane M. Dusick, Ph.D.