Applying to nursing program if you are not a current SBVC student:
- Submit college application and be admitted to SBVC (Become a Student)
- Please note that ALL prerequisite courses must be completed before submitting application.
Also, note that a LVN-RN Bridge applicant must have completed one year of full-time
LVN med-surg bedside care work experience at time of application.
- Transcript must be evaluated prior to submitting application.
- Upon receipt of the applications, the nursing department will screen all applications
submitted by the deadline and will then invite eligible students to take the HESI
Exam. A letter will be mailed to students who are selected inclusive of details regarding
HESI registration, location and submission deadline.
Submit the following with Application to the Nursing Department by February 2, 2015:
- Evaluation of Prior credit is needed from other colleges including Crafton Hills,
this excludes SBVC course work. *All prerequisites must be completed at the time of
- Proof of High School completion (transcript OR Diploma OR G.E.D. score OR California
State High School Proficiency exam score OR Bachelor's Degree from an accredited
- Copy of California LVN license (bridge students)
- Résumé listing one year full-time med-surg work experience as an LVN (also include
list of employer(s), patient care unit type, starting and ending dates (bridge students)
- Bring Social Security card with you (copy will be made in office)
Click here for LVN to RN application
-Incomplete and/or late applications will not be accepted.
-Application to the Nursing program is available in the Heath & Life Sciences Building, Room
101, or via the above link. Please note that applications are not submitted electronically.
-Students will be notified in writing of their admission status.
-Applicants wishing to transfer from another nursing program will only be considered
if space is available. Please note that there is currently no space available for
transfer students for the 2016-2017 academic year.