Application to LVN-RN Bridge Program
Changes to LVN-RN Bridge Program Beginning December 02, 2014
Due to great impaction, effective December 02, 2014, LVN-RN Bridge students will no longer be admitted to the nursing program via the waitlist. Instead, students will be required to apply on the same point system as the Generic ADN students. Therefore, all prerequisites must be completed with grades posted at time of application. Once applications are submitted and reviewed by the nursing department, eligible students will then be invited to take the HESI Exam. The application period for the LVN-RN Bridge will be the same as the Generic ADN program.
Please note that students will no longer be admitted to a waitlist. Applications to the Bridge program will either be immediately accepted or denied. Students are welcome to reapply if their application is denied and they are recommended to meet with our nursing counselor to discuss recommendations for re-application.
Additionally, note that students admitted to the waitlist prior to December 02, 2014, will not be required to apply on the point system. Students will be admitted via the already existent waitlist.
With the coexistence of the current LVN-RN Bridge waitlist and new implementation of the point system, the nursing department will be admitting 50% of applicants directly from the waitlist and the remaining 50% from the new application pool via the point system. Once the current waitlist is diminished, all students applying for the LVN-RN Bridge program will be required to apply via the point system and will no longer be placed on a waitlist of any kind.
Lastly, please note that students applying on the point system for the LVN-RN Bridge program will not be competing with the Generic ADN applicants. Instead, they will be considered for admission using a separate pool inclusive of only LVN-RN Bridge students.
For Those Applying January 2, 2015-February 2, 2015
- Submit college application and be admitted to SBVC (Become a Student)
- Please note that ALL prerequisite courses must be completed before submitting application. Also, note that a LVN-RN Bridge applicant must have completed one year of full-time LVN med-surg bedside care work experience at time of application.
- Upon receipt of the applications, the nursing department will screen all applications submitted by February 2nd deadline and will then invite eligible students to take the HESI Exam. A letter will be mailed to students who are selected inclusive of details regarding HESI registration, location and submission deadline.
Submit the following with Application to the Nursing Department by February 2, 2015:
- Official College transcripts from all colleges attended other than SBVC and/or Crafton Hills College. Please note that the official transcripts submitted to the Nursing Department must have been issued within the last 6 months.*All prerequisites must be completed at the time of application
- Proof of High School completion (transcript OR Diploma OR G.E.D. score OR California State High School Proficiency exam score)
- Copy of California LVN license
- Résumé listing one year full-time med-surg work experience as an LVN (also include list of employer(s), patient care unit type, starting and ending dates
- Bring Social Security card with you (copy will be made in office)
-Incomplete and/or late applications will not be accepted.
-Application to the Nursing program is available in the Heath & Life Sciences Building, Room 101, or via the above link. Please note that applications are not submitted electronically.
-Students will be notified in writing of their admission status.
-Applicants wishing to transfer from another nursing program will only be considered if space is available. Please note that there is currently no space available for transfer students for the 2014-2015 academic year.