All prerequisites and degree required courses must be completed with grades posted
at time of application to the program.
- Freshman Composition: ENGL 101, with a grade of C or higher.
- Intermediate Algebra: MATH 095 or higher, with a grade of C or higher.
- Science Courses - complete each course below with a grade of C or higher and a minimum G.P.A of 2.75 in the four courses below:
|Human Anatomy and Physiology I & II
or Human Anatomy & Human Physiology
|BIOL 250 & 251 or
BIOL 260 & 261
Micro (BIOL 270) has prerequisites of BIOL 250 or BIOL 260 or BIOL 261 and CHEM 101
- CHEM 101 is a prerequisite for BIOL 250 (starting fall 2012), BIOL 261, and BIOL 270
Physiology (BIOL 261 or BIOL 250/251) and Microbiology (BIOL 270) must be taken within
5 years of application to the nursing program.
A&P I & II series (BIOL 250/251) must be taken at the same college
Human Anatomy & Human Physiology series (BIOL 260/261) may be taken at different colleges.
- Cumulative G.P.A. of 2.5 or higher in all remaining general education prerequisites
including: English 101, Math 095, Sociology 100 or Anthropology 102, Communication
Studies 100 or 111 and 2 degree applicable humanities.
- Cumulative G.P.A. of 2.0 or higher (in all college coursework)
Required General Education Prerequisites
Courses below must be completed prior to application to RN Program. These courses
are required to be eligible to take the state licensing exam.
- Communication Studies: Communication Studies 100 (Elements of Public Speaking) or Communication Studies 111 (Interpersonal Communication) with a grade of C or higher.
- Social/Behavioral Science: SOC 100 (Introduction to Sociology) or ANTHRO 102 (Cultural Anthropology) with a grade of C or higher.
- Humanity #1
- Humanity #2
- Humanities are selected from Category III of the SBVC Graduation Requirements. Humanities
must be representative of 2 different disciplines and only 1 applied humanity course