All prerequisites and degree required courses must be completed with grades posted before
applying to the nursing program.
- Freshman Composition: ENGL 101, with a grade of C or higher.
- Intermediate Algebra: MATH 095 or higher, with a grade of C or higher.
- Science Courses - complete each course below with a grade of C or higher and a minimum G.P.A of 2.75 in the four courses below:
|Human Anatomy and Physiology I & II
or Human Anatomy & Human Physiology
|BIOL 250 & 251 or
BIOL 260 & 261
Micro (BIOL 270) has prerequisites of BIOL 250 or BIOL 260 or BIOL 261 and CHEM 101
- CHEM 101 is a prerequisite for BIOL 250, BIOL 261, and BIOL 270
Physiology (BIOL 261 or BIOL 250/251) and Microbiology (BIOL 270) must be taken within
5 years of application to the nursing program.
A&P I & II series (BIOL 250/251) must be taken at the same college
Human Anatomy & Human Physiology series (BIOL 260/261) may be taken at different colleges.
- Cumulative G.P.A. of 2.5 or higher in all remaining general education prerequisites
including: English 101, Math 095, Sociology 100 or Anthropology 102, Communication
Studies 100 or 111 and 2 degree applicable humanities.
- Cumulative G.P.A. of 2.0 or higher (in all college coursework)
Required General Education Prerequisites
These courses are required to be eligible to take the state licensing exam.
- Communication Studies: Communication Studies 100 (Elements of Public Speaking) or Communication Studies 111 (Interpersonal Communication) with a grade of C or higher.
- Social/Behavioral Science: SOC 100 (Introduction to Sociology) or ANTHRO 102 (Cultural Anthropology) with a grade of C or higher.
- Humanity #1
- Humanity #2
- Humanities are selected from Category III of the SBVC Graduation Requirements. Humanities
must be representative of 2 different disciplines and only 1 applied humanity course