Application Forms will only be available during the application period<br/><br/>Fall Semester Admission: January 2nd - February 2nd<br/>Spring Semester Admission: August 1st - September 15th (2014 only)
Changes to Application Process beginning Fall 2014
Fall Application Period Changed
The nursing program will be accepting applications
for spring 2015 August 1st-September 15th. Students will be required to submit their
completed application packet with the exception of the HESI between the
aforementioned dates. Please note that
grades must be posted for all prerequisite courses at time of application.
by Invitation Only
fall 2014, Students applying to the nursing program are no
longer required to take the HESI Exam prior to their application to the nursing
program. Students will instead submit their
complete application to the nursing department in between the dates of August 1st and September 15th.
Upon receipt of the applications, the nursing
department will screen all applications submitted after the September 15th
deadline and will then invite eligible students to take the HESI Exam. A letter will be mailed to students who are
selected inclusive of details regarding HESI registration, location and
How to Apply:
- Submit college application and be admitted to SBVC (Become a Student) Nursing Program Application is available in nursing department or online.
Note: Program applications cannot be submitted electronically. Students must
download and print the application.
- Submit the following to the Nursing Department by appropriate deadline when all prerequisites are completed with grades posted.
Click here for 2014-2015 RN Application
- Proof of High School completion (transcript OR Diploma OR G.E.D. score OR California State High School Proficiency exam score)
- Official College transcripts from all colleges attended except SBVC or Crafton Hills College (must be issued in last 6 months)
- Proof of Social Security Number (Copy will be made by department office)
- Financial Aid Award Letter if student is attempting to earn points for financial need within the “Special Circumstances” category.
-Incomplete and/or late applications will not be accepted.
-Application to the Nursing program (available in Heath & Life Science Building, HLS 101 or online)
-Applicant admission to the program is competitively based on a points system
-Students will be notified in writing of their admission status and if they have been selected to complete the HESI Exam.
-Applicants wishing to transfer from another nursing program will only be considered if space is available. Currently, there is no space available for transfer students for the 2014-2015 academic year.