ATTENTION NEW APPLICANTS: Evaluations are required to apply. If evaluations are not
complete in time for nursing application, nursing application will not be accepted.
Application Forms will only be available during the application period
Fall Semester Admission: January 2nd - February 2nd
Spring Semester Admission: August 1st - September 1st
How to Apply:
- Submit college application and be admitted to SBVC (Become a Student) Nursing Program
Application is available online. Must be typed.
Note: Program applications cannot be submitted electronically. Students must
download and print the application.
- Submit the following to the Nursing Department by appropriate deadline when all prerequisites
are completed with grades posted.
- Proof of High School completion (transcript OR Diploma OR G.E.D. score OR California
State High School Proficiency exam score)
- Evaluation of Prior credit from all colleges attended except SBVC or Crafton Hills
College (must be issued in last 6 months)
- Proof of Social Security Number (Copy will be made by department office)
- Financial Aid Award Letter if student is attempting to earn points for financial need
within the “Special Circumstances” category.
- Go to Application to download application and type in fillable form.
incomplete and/or late applications will not be accepted.
-Application to the Nursing program (available in Heath & Life Science Building, HLS
101 or online)
-Applicant admission to the program is competitively based on a points system
-Students will be notified in writing of their admission status and if they have been
selected to complete the HESI Exam.
-Applicants wishing to transfer from another nursing program will only be considered
if space is available. Currently, there is no space available for transfer students
for the 2016-2017 academic year
Late applications will not be accepted.
Nursing Application Evaluations of Prior Credit:
Students must submit all official transcripts and request for an evaluation during
the following dates in order to apply for the nursing program. Transcripts will not
be collected in the nursing application. Instead, Evaluations of Prior Credit are required within application package. Only SBVC students do not need Evaluations
of prior credit.
For January 02-Feb 02 applications: October 01-December 15th
For August 01-September 01 applications: May 01-July 15
Additional information on credit evaluations: click here
1. Apply to SBVC
2. Complete mandatory online orientation
3. If all prerequisites have been completed at colleges and/or universities other than San Bernardino
Valley College, please see the nursing counselor for a matriculation exemption prior
to applying to the nursing program.
4. Apply to Nursing Program within the above indicated application periods. Please
note that grades must be posted for all prerequisite courses at time of application.
HESI by Invitation Only
Students applying to the nursing program are not required to take the HESI Exam prior
to their application to the nursing program. Students will be required to submit their
completed application packet with the exception of the HESI between the aforementioned
Upon receipt of the applications, the nursing department will then screen all applications
submitted after the September 1st deadline and will invite eligible students to take
the HESI Exam. A letter will be mailed to students who are selected inclusive of
details regarding HESI registration, location and submission deadline. Note: We do not accept outside HESI scores.
- Application for admission to Nursing Program is available in the Health Science Division
Office, HLS 101 or online during application periods only.
- Proof of High School completion (transcript or Diploma or G.E.D. score or California
State High School Proficiency exam score, if no degree has been earned)
- Official college transcripts from all colleges and/or universities attended even Crafton
Hills College, except SBVC.
- Copy of Financial Aid Award letter if attempting to earn points for financial need
within the “Special Circumstances” category.
- Proof of Social Security Number or Tax ID Number (Copy will be made by department
Registration in nursing program courses is limited to students who have completed
program prerequisites, degree required courses, have applied, and been accepted into
the nursing program. The nursing program is four semesters in length after completion
of prerequisites and degree required courses. Classes and clinical experiences are
scheduled Monday through Friday (daytime and evenings). Students are admitted twice
a year in the Fall and Spring semesters.
Important: A background check and health requirement verification will be required before enrollment
in the program. California may deny Registered Nursing license to an applicant based
on a conviction or legal action substantially related to nursing practice.