Requirements for your Associate Degree for Transfer in Communication Studies
To earn this AA-T degree, students must complete the following Associate Degree for Transfer requirements:
- 60 semester or 90 quarter CSU-transferable units
- the California State University-General Education-Breadth pattern (CSU GE-Breadth); OR the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) pattern.
- a minimum of 18 semester or 27 quarter units in the major or area of emphasis as determined by the community college district
- obtainment of a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0
- earn a grade of C or better in all courses required for the major or area of emphasis.
Students planning to transfer to a baccalaureate institution and major in Communication Studies should consult with a counselor regarding the transfer process and lower division requirements.