San Bernardino Valley College Academic Senate
Upcoming Senate Meeting: Wednesday, August 17, 2016 at 3:00pm in ADSS-207
**Please click on Agenda & Minutes for this year's meeting dates
Bylaws (PDF, 105Kb) Constitution (PDF, 1.0Mb)
Title 5 of the California Code of Regulations, Section 53200 Definitions
Academic Senate means an organization whose primary function is to make recommendations
with respect to academic and professional matters.
Academic and Professional Matters means the following policy development matters:
1. Curriculum, including establishing prerequisites.
2. Degree and certificate requirements.
3. Grading policies.
4. Educational program development.
5. Standards or policies regarding student preparation and success.
6. College governance structures, as related to faculty roles.
7. Faculty roles and involvement in accreditation process.
8. Policies for faculty professional development activities.
9. Processes for program review.
10. Processes for institutional planning and budget development.
11. Other academic and professional matters as mutually agreed upon.